Tuesday 10 April 2012

Chicks in a Nest

Happy Easter everybody!  I love making Easter Cakes.  I love pure white fondant icing and mini eggs and always love to include those.  This year I had my basic design planned out, a white cake, with mini eggs around and perhaps a few fondant Easter animal cut outs.  However, as you will see in a later Easter post we had an abundance of egg whites left over from our Good Friday dessert so for fun I thought I would make some meringue nests - why not have a couple of pavlovas hanging around in the kitchen! :-D  Once they had cooked overnight I realised when decorating my cake one of the meringues could be a nest.

So with our extra meringue nests and our decorated Peep chicks the cake came together with all of these elements.

Oh and I almost forgot to say, the cake inside was a lemon sponge cake with butter cream filling of course!



* Happy Easter *

8 comments:

  1. Very cute! I've never worked with fondant, but it always looks so pretty. Thanks for sharing at Pinworty Projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carrie, the fondant is FUN to work with. And, whilst some people don't like the taste of the roll out, I love the sweetness and as long as it is paired with some yummy cake the taste balances out! And you can do anything with it! A bakers play-doh :-)

      Delete
  2. Hannah this cake is adorable! I'm new to your blog, found you through Sumo's Sweet Stuff! Have been looking through your posts and I'm really impressed it looks great! Following you on pinterest to keep up to date!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma, thanks for stopping by, I`m glad you found me :-D I see your blog is a baking one as well, for sure I`ll be checking it out too!

      Come by again soon (I`m trying to find a good way to have an email following...hopefully soon!) :-)

      Hannah ♫

      Delete
  3. So adorably cute, Hannah! Thank you for sharing at our ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS party :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! Thanks for coming by and looking :-)

      Delete
  4. So sweet, almost a shame to eat!
    Thank you so much for sharing on Tutorial Thursdays, I hope to see you again this week.
    x
    Natalie
    www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first cut was definitely the hardest! After that it disappeared soon :-)

      Thanks for checking it out!

      Delete

Thanks for reading!! Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you :-)