Tuesday 10 April 2012

Easter Bakes and Makes

This Easter meant lots of family get togethers which for me means the opportunity to make and to bake as much as I can!  Just like my 'About Me' says, freedom is boredom so busy time is the best time - and I made the most of my Easter days off work!

First stop was Easter cards.  Just a little simple design using our scalloped circle punch from our wedding (it has been well used since!) and some printables I found of course, on Pinterest!



Next stop more scalloped punches... A quick and easy bit of bunting using paint strips (thank you Walmart hehe), the punch and some cute yellow ribbon.


Then come the Easter treats!  A big bunny cutter and my tiny little farm animal cookie cutters led to these sugar cookie goodie bags iced and decorated for an Easter treat for everybody.


After seeing this on Pinterest from Sweet Vanilla Bean I HAD to try it!  Chocolate dipped peeps, so cool! Super fun easy make anybody could do (even Jonathan joined me for this!)... just melt some chocolate and coloured wafers dip and go!  Just be prepared for a sweet SWEET day of eating!


Although I have some more Easter baking and making to post about I think that's all the Easter treats that will make it onto this post!

Here are the finished products:




12 comments:

  1. How adorable is all this! I found your cute blog on Marvelous Monday's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!

      Great to have you here :-D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. So cute, thank you for sharing.
    I would love to invite you to come and link this up on Tutorial Thursdays - http://marigoldsloft.blogspot.ch/2013/03/tutorial-thursdays-easter.html
    Have a super Weekend.
    x
    Natalie
    www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Natalie - glad you found me! :-) I'll definitely come and link up to your party, thanks for the invite! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for linking up on Tutorial Thursdays, hope to see you again this week :)
      x
      Natalie
      www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. Love the cute Easter cards! Chocolate dipped peeps...I think my kids would love that! Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great weekend!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborah, Thanks for stopping by and yes indeed those chocolate dipped peeps were delicious! SO sweet but hey, it's Easter right?!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE those baskets. Awesome. Thanks for sharing at Family Fun Friday!
    Monica
    http://happyandblessedhome.com
    hope to see you again later this week at:
    http://happyandblessedhome.com/category/family-fun/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica! Great to have you here :-) For sure I'll be stopping by again, it's a great party!

      Delete
  6. Cute!!! I am making some Easter sugar cookies tomorrow. Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum have fun with them! Can't wait to see them on your blog :-)

      Delete
  7. You make the cutest treats! The cookies are lovely :-) Thank you for sharing at our ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS party !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!! Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you :-)