Tuesday 31 March 2015

Best Friend Clothes

 
After starting on the Christmas posts from last year, I've been excited to share this little set of outfits I created for Amelia and our best friends little girl and boy who will be our little one's greatest friends :-D
 
With a three year old's declaration when Amelia was just a few weeks old, that no they wouldn't be friends when she was older - that they already were friends, I thought I would put together some cute matching clothes for their Christmas gifts!  A little circle skirt with a fold down waistband for the girls, and an embellished shirt for the little guy!
 
A HUGE thanks to Delia Creates for the perfect tutorial on this skirt with a fold down waistband.  She so wonderfully describes the various ways you can make it, with different seams or waist options, as well as the information on all the sizing possibilities!
 
I used the 3-6 month size for our baby girl, and she's still able to wear it now which is perfect, especially as she can get her chubby little legs out without having to wear tights now we're not in the dead of Winter anymore!!
 

 
 
 
 
No tutorial photos for this project I'm afraid to say.  I don't know why I don't have any... Perhaps in the mad rush towards Christmas there just wasn't enough time.  But the original tutorial over on Delia Creates has great instructions and you can adapt it to many fabrics and ideas for various skirts.

The idea of creating two matching skirts was the easy part.  But I wanted to include everybody so I had to think of something for the little guy as well!  I contemplated pants of some kind, but was excited when I finally found a plain long sleeved shirt that I could embellish with an L (for his name) using the same fabric as the skirts.

I cut out a cardboard template of the L and cut two fabric pieces, one with the right side of the fabric up (the correct way around) and one in the reverse.  With wrong sides together I sewed the L together, and then turned the fabric inside out, right sides facing out now.  Using complementary thread, I top stitched around the L and onto the shirt.


 
 
Everything ironed, and gifted at Christmas time. 
And now I'm super excited to create lots more of these cute skirts for the Spring and Summer time :-)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing us about this update. Hope you will not get tired on making posts as informative as this. Digital Agency In India

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great...Thank you for sharing this article. It is great! The Paleo Palate Café makes delicious and sugar-free, dairy-free, and gluten-free, keto Desserts in Toronto, Canada. Try our unbelievably delicious line of healthy cakes, muffins, bread, and more. Blueberry Cake Gluten Free in Toronto | Refined Sugar Free Desserts in Toronto | Sugar Free Paleo Desserts in Toronto | Vegan and Gluten Free Treats in Toronto | Best Gluten Free Cake Near Me in Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post it is really superb and amazing post it is very informative post. Buy Instagram Followers In India

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate your post and you explain each and every point very well. Thanks for sharing this information. Buy Instagram Followers In India

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!! Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you :-)